Thursday, October 22, 2009

What's in my travel makeup bag?

Hi guys, sorry I haven't updated my blog in a while; I was away in Chicago for a conference. For my 6 day trip, I packed makeup that made me look polished, but not colorful. After all, this was a scientific conference. No one was going to appreciate a Manish Arora pallete on my eyes.

I picked up a generic travel kit that included a soap case, hairbrush, toothbrush holder, and 2 empty bottles ($2.99!). I didn't take the bottles or hair brush, just the toothbrush holder, the soap holder, and the travel kit. The soap holder was filled with hair accessories, q-tips and toothpaste. The travel kit contained makeup:

Face:
MAC Studio Fix Powder Foundation
Maybelline Dream Mousse in Soft Plum
Mary Kay Mineral Powder Brush
Mary Kay Signature Concealor
Loew Cornell concealor brush
Eyes:
Lancome eye makeup remover
MAC Powerpoint Engraved
MAC Fluidline Blacktrack
Kat von D eye palette in Ludwig
Loew Cornell 1/8" angled shader
Coastal Scents blending fluff
Random Target eyelash curler
Maybelline Define-a-Lash
Lips:
Egyptian magic (sample size)
MAC Fastlane
C.O. Bigelow Mentha Lip Shine

I was kind of strict about how many "me too" products I took along just cuz I like to travel light. I'm overall quite happy with everything I took, but the only thing I'd change is to take more than one lip color. What kind of stuff can you not live without when you travel?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always tend to take WAAAAAY too much. Too many brushes and too many lipsticks. Silly amounts of "just in case I might need" products. I never need as much as I think I do. Would rather have too much than too little.

Also I nominated you for a couple of blog awards hun. Pop on over and check it out!

http://eliza-mclellan.blogspot.com/

Ex

Ashwini said...

Hey Eliza, thank you so so much for the award! I'm super flattered. I'll check out your blog and post it on mine tomorrow. Thanks a bunch girl, I'm over the moon!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I don't over pack with makeup as I'm makeup challenged. Ah ha. But shoes are another story.

Tanveer said...

I recently went on a holiday trip for Diwali.

Here is what I took:
1. Ponds Tinted Moisturizer
2. Maybelline Dream Mousse foundation
3. Maybelline Chai Latte Eye Palette
4. Maybelline Define a Lash (same as you)
5. Lakme Glide on eye color in Glimmering Plum & Henna Gold
6. Diana of London eyeliner in Bronze & Gold
7. Diana of London Liquid eyeliner in silver & gold
8. Maybelline Dream mousse blush in peach satin
9. Lakme lip gloss no 21
10. Body shop cheek & lip tint
11. Jordana Juicy lip tint in berry wine
12. Nivea lip balm in cherry.

I feel that you can never have too many eyeliners. ever. hence i tend to carry too many of them. even then I keep missing the ones i leave behind. lol..

Post a Comment