Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Who are your style icons?

Style: Pronunciation: \ˈstī(-ə)l a distinctive manner of expression or conducting oneself; a particular mode of living; in fashion: elegance beauty, grace, or ease of manner or technique


So ladies, which women do you want to be like? Not just their clothes and looks, but their presence, everything they stand for, the whole package of fabulosity? My style icons not only guide my clothing decisions, but also how I try to present myself to the world through my actions.

Aishwarya Rai
Crowned queen of the Indian cinema, the former Miss World just takes my breath away. Every single feature is not only perfectly proportional, but each one is stunning in its own right. Her eyes of course steal the show for me, they're just so big and mesmerizing. On top of her looks, I find that her choices in her film roles are always regal, classy, and timeless. If I could look like any one person, it would be her.

Lucy Liu
Lucu Liu is spunk personified. She's got a delicate frame and feminine features, but her roles in films like Kill Bill and Charlie's Angels betrays a tomboy side that is anything but delicate. I just love how she represents the yin and yang equally in these two movies--the yin being her delicate beauty, the yang being her ass-kicking personality.

Padma Lakshmi
Padma has such an approachable beauty. She's just perfectly symmetrical, nothing too crazy in her features. But her height (5'9") really amps up the volume on that quiet beauty. She just commands attention when she walks into a room with those neverending legs and it seems that any, any outfit looks good on her. She would make sweat pants look like high fashion.



Ana Ivanovic
One of the best tennis players in the world, the former #1 has the added gift of natural beauty. I love that beauty is a part of her--she doesn't get dictated by it. It's just there. And that only seems to bring it out even more. Even in her multiple covers of Vogue and Vanity Fair, Ana presents herself as comfortable, chic, and effortlessly beautiful. 

Kate Winslet
Besides the fact that her amazing skin tone and features make her look like a Renaissance painting come to life, Kate is an incredible actress. The roles she chooses are as diverse as they can get (Titanic, Quills, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind). But what makes her a style icon for me is that she really exudes intelligence and a sense of mystery. Her celebrity status is only one aspect of her. It seems that there's a whole other side that is far more private. I love that mysterious quality. It's really what makes women, women.

So there you have it. My I'm-secure-enough-to-swoon-over-women list. Now I tag you all to share who are your style icons and why!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhh great list of wonderful women there. I will have to have a think about this one and get back to you.

http://eliza-mclellan.blogspot.com/

Ex

Emily said...

I love this list of women. I love how your choice is so culturally diverse, and I love how you've choosen them for inner beauty as well.

MsCee said...

This was a very interesting post to read. When I have some time after my crazy exam schedule, I think I'll try to put a list together :)

If you have time, check out my blog :)

http://fashionablylovestruk.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I love Aishwarya Rai too!
She's so beautiful and talented!
xox

Post a Comment