Monday, November 23, 2009

In and Out #1

I've never done one of these before, but I've been mulling over what's in and out for me this month, so here goes. I wanted to call this post "tip of the hat, wag of my finger" (from The Colbert Report), but nah, too long.

IN

Two days until Thanksgiving!! I am spending Thanksgiving at my parents' house with my cousins, sister, sister-in-law, and grandmother. My whole family is scattered far from each other with some living in various parts of the US, and others in places as exotic as India and London (yes London is exotic to me!)



MAC Romancin and To Swoon For: these pale and hot pink lipsticks have been my addiction all month. Both are from last year's holiday collections, but you can check out swatches here. The consistency is creamy and the pigmentation is wonderful. I call it my smile in a tube. :)

Finally getting the hang of where to put blush and contour: I realized that if I made a fish face and then try to smile, I'll know exactly where are my cheek's hollows. Freaking A took me all year to figure that out. I just have flat cheeks so I had no idea what was this 'hollow' thing everyone was talking about. By the way, I've been using Coastal Scents' six piece contour and blush palette to play around with contouring and blush. The highlighters in this pallete are nothing but chalk, so I certainly don't recommend them. But the 2 blush colors are fantastic and the contouring color is a universal brown, but nothing to write home about. I'd love to try out NARS Laguna next.

Going green: I'm getting more and more serious about going green. I've been buying organic fruits, which is not only safer for the environment, but they also taste amazing (I've eaten 3 organic apples in 1 day!). I've also started going to my local farmer's market. The idea there is to look around at what is the season's harvest and then figure out what you can cook from it. I remember as a kid my mom went to the farmers markets in India (there were no grocery stores in the '90s) brought home the seasonal items, and we'd eat whatever the Earth delivered that week. That's the real way to eat, and I really want to get back to it.

OUT

Skipping the gym...for more days than I care to admit. Man I was doing so well in the summer. Why oh why is it that darkness at 5 PM makes me lazy and want to sit on the couch all night and blog while my hubby watches documentaries?!

Getting zits for no apparent reason. It's wierd but as a blogger about skincare, I feel guilty and hypocritical when I break out. It's like here I am giving tips on how to prevent and treat acne and here I am having breakouts. I get so obsessed with why I'm breaking out. It's like I know too many treatments and theories, so its like a murder mystery when I get a zit. Could it be lack of exercise? End of term stress? Something in my diet? Something NOT in my diet? Arrrgh.

My obese laptop: 11 lbs, 17" 2006 Toshiba. Not sexy. There should be a cash for klunker laptops program. I'm giving this one more year, and then moving up to Apple heaven.

That's enough ranting for now. Please link me up to your ins and outs, or write 'em in the comments below!

13 comments:

Calia Yang said...

LOL love the "obese laptop" comment!! that cracked me up! Thanks for stoppin' by my blog! ^_^ eheheh *hugs*

Lilladylife said...

thank u for stopping by my blog! ahh i love urs too. i am ALWAYS looking for tips on skin care! =D

FriendzCentury said...

The change in weather makes me want to stay in bed for longer, and skip working out for sure. I keep telling myself it's too cold to jog LOL!
Thanks for dropping by and following :)

Laura Loo said...

Love the farmer's market! We have two really good places to get fresh local items about five minutes from my house. The food just tastes better that way. And it is better for your body/skin/etc too!

.blushfully. said...

Hey!! Love your blog too!! Love the layout and it's jampacked with information! lol...

thanks for visiting and following me.. I've followed you as well... =)

loves,
dana

Sarah said...

Like it! Funny blog! Thanks for the comment on my blog, yours looks really good too, going to go and check out the rest of it :D

Anonymous said...

HAHA Love this!!

Kori said...

Great post girlie! I am following you now. Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog! Have a fantastic Tuesday! Kori xoxo

Golden said...

I still don't know how to contour my cheeks. Going green is great! We also buy organic veggies here.

By the way, thanks for following my blog. Followed your blog too. :)

Content Director - Strong Female Leaders said...

This is a funny blog entry - loved it! And we have the same "Out's". LOL, especially the obese lap top. I thought I was the only one with an 11 pound tool box.

xcharleym0ox said...

Hi, i have an award for you on my blog! :) http://xcharleym0ox.blogspot.com/2009/11/i-your-blog-award.html

Helen said...

Awesome list! I have yet to find a countour kit that goes with my skin tone, but I will keep searching!

I'm glad i'm not the only one pulling funny faces when applying makeup though!

Annette said...

hi love!! thanks for droppin by my blog... I must say your blog is hella cool too!! you're hella funny girl! hahaha... your posts crack me up....

anyhow, I've been thinkin about getting the cheek palette from coastal scents but still kinda iffy about it... I do recommend you to get the laguna though, that stuff is awesome! I got the duo with the orgasm... ohhh double awesome!!

I'll see u around girl! happy thanksgiving!!

Post a Comment