Tuesday, December 15, 2009

OPI Barefoot in Barcelona Review

OPI's Barefoot in Barcelona: oh how I love thee.
 
I think this is a stunning nude pink color that works wonders on my skin. I just feel very grown up and sophisticated when I look down at my nails. It works just as well with my tweed blazer as it does with my party outfits.
In spite of multiple attempts, I wasn't able to take a picture that did the color justice. But trust me, its a gorgeous creamy, brownish rosy pink. It complements my skin tone like nothing else. I also would say that if you're clumsy at applying nail color like I am, think about picking this up. Cuticle spillovers will be very hard to notice, and the formula is so impressive that one coat is enough, and you can swipe over and over the same area without getting streaks. Finally, because it's such a lovely neutral, I'd wear this in all seasons.

I've so far only bought 3 OPI nailcolors. I'd love to buy more because their brush and formula are by far superior to anything else I've tried. I guess I just never got around to trying them because of sticker shock, but considering its only a couple more dollars and I love them to the point of probably hitting pan on all, it's well worth it. So now that I've jumped on the OPI bandwagon, what shades would you recommend for me to try out next?

16 comments:

Cynthia Z said...

Looks good..nice having yr blog as the background in the pic :) Maybe some type of berry shade next time??
♥XX♥

Caitlin said...

that color is amazing on your skintone! wish i could pull off colors like that!

Anonymous said...

This colour is my current fave! I'm glad you discovered it!

Content Director - Strong Female Leaders said...

That is a GREAT color!

Ashwini said...

Thanks girls, glad you liked the color, I was afraid it photographed poorly.

@Cynthia- I'll def. think about buying a berry color next time. :)

Anastacia said...

Such nice wearable! Looks great!

Witoxicity said...

The shade is so easy to wear. It does look great on you! I like how you said about cuticle spillover. I'm notorious for that! :D

Cynthia Z said...

Awards for u in my blog girl :)
♥XX♥

Bonjour Mademoiselle said...

This colour looks great! It's very work appropriate and looks elegant! I like to put some glittery nail polishes on the tip when they start to chip, and it works well for partying and night out! Pls visit my blog when you got the chance mademoisellebonjour.blogspot.com Cheers =)

Divija Reddy said...

Hi Ashwini, how r u? Long time no see...thnq for all d sweet msgs darl:)

Tell me abt Barefoot in Barcelona, every visit to the salon, I try 2 swatch! Finally, u got ur hands on it!

Try dirty shades like Metro chic :) as well! Plum really compliments ur lovely skin tone, honey...

Unknown said...

great color! very simple but elegant :)

Ashwini said...

@ Divija, I know its been a long time. I was helping my hubby write his master's thesis this week so I was in sweats and not exactly "clearly" beautiful for this week if you get my drift hahaha. Ok anyway, more posts to follow next week! I heart Barefoot, but I want to lay my paws on Metro Chic sooo badly. :)

@Kym: thanks, that's the look I was going for! :)

Anonymous said...

i just received Metro Chic in the mail yesterday from my Sephora- online-overindulgence this past weekend and I must say that it looks different every time I look down at my nails and I love it more with every glance. Sephora had their holiday collection on sale and it included Metro Chic, Domestic Goddess, and A true Romantic. Haven't tried the others yet but I'll let u know what i think when I do.

xoxo!

Unknown said...

kate spade outlet
pandora outlet
christian louboutin outlet
ray ban sunglasses discount
tampa bay devil rays jerseys
coach factory outlet
ecco shoes for men
ralph lauren outlet
supra shoes
nike cortez
cc20180731

slealea said...

visit replica gucci handbags you could look here gucci replica bags her latest blog bag replica high quality

Unknown said...

replica louis vuitton bags j50 g4d76j3p19 replica bags a75 q5j28u2p37 best replica designer bags v23 c3s80c4f10

Post a Comment