Friday, March 5, 2010

It's my birthday and I'll haul if I want to

As any self-respecting makeup junkie would do, I treated myself to a birthday makeup and nailpolish haul last week. I went to my local drugstore and then to ULTA, and all in all, I think I did good because I got everything for around $50. Here are my new toys:

 
Left to right: 
Maybelline Sensational Lipstick in Warm Me Up 
Maybelline Sensational in Pinkalicious
Seche Vite
OPI Sand in my Suit 
OPI Italian Affair
Maybelline Colossal Volum' Express Hydrofuge (Classic Black)
MAC Cremesheen Glass in Ever So Rich (this was a gift from a dear friend and makeup enabler)
    Pencils, from front to back
    Prestige Waterproof Eyeliner in Surf
    NYX Lipliner in Soft Brown
    Prestige Eyeliner in Smokey Green
      I got the Maybelline products at buy 2 get 1 free from Ulta, and the OPI nailpolishes were discounted to $6.25 each. 

      L to R (on both pictures): Pinkalicious; Warm Me Up

      Top to bottom: NYX Soft Brown, Prestige Smokey Brown, Prestige Surf
      Without Flash:
      With Flash:
       

      I'm loving this haul so far. I find a restrained haul lets me enjoy each product to the fullest. I'll do full reviews in the upcoming days, but I'll give you a sneak peek now: I already know that Prestige Surf, Colossal, and the Maybelline lippies are all going into March faves. I'm also getting a soft corner for Sand in my Suit. But shhh, full reviews will follow once the honeymoon period is over and I've tested them thoroughly.

      PS. I've just installed a third party commenting system called Disqus which allows comment threading and more. Please do me a favor by commenting on this post (even if its just a "hello") so that I can test whether it's working well. Thanks!
      blog comments powered by Disqus