Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Spring Favorites

Seeing how we are more than halfway through May, I thought might as well give you the run down of products I've been loving throughout April and May. I've been digging bright lips, neutral eyes, and glowy skin this spring.

1. Urban Decay Pocket Rocket in Timothy: Tim and I were not seeing eye to eye at first because he smelled way too much like creme brulee. But now that summer is here and coral is everywhere, I gotta say that Timothy is filling the position quite nicely, so I am putting up with the smell. I like this gloss because its bright, with no glitter, and a pure coral. It's opaque enough that I don't need any lipstick underneath.
Below, heavy swatch (left), and blended out (right):


2. MAC Studio Fix Powder Foundation: I've come back to this like you come back to that sweet guy friend who always stood by you when your heart was broken by other meanies. Yes, I still love the look of liquid foundation, but this is a must-have in my collection because it never breaks me out, and is quick and easy.


3. Origins Underwear for the eyes:  I've used this almost every single day as a base, or on its own. I hate the tube it came in though, so I have pressed it into a Mario Badescu sample pot.


4. Coastal Scents M09 Hot Pot: this is a perfect matte cream colored e/s that I have been using for my browbone and inner corner. It highlights, and yet does not draw attention to itself. (see full review of all my Hot Pots here)
Above: heavy swatch on left, blended out on right.

5. Cellnique Advanced Biorenewal Masque: For those of us dealing with acne or scarring, this is instant gratification in a jar. I love it. Check out my review here.

Ahhh with May coming to a close, summer is finally here. Cant wait to sport the dresses, the sandals, and the bronzed decolletage (I love that word).

PS. The Cellnique mask and Hot Pots were provided by the manufacturers. All other products are bought by myself (except the Origins base, which I got from a friend).

blog comments powered by Disqus