Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Tuesday Poll

Dear Friend, I like to start my letters to you as if we are already in the middle of a conversation. I pretend as if we are the oldest and dearest of friends, as opposed to what we really are--strangers brought together by a fierce love for makeup and all things pretty. Let's start off this post-Memorial Day Tuesday with a poll by Makeup and Beauty Blog, one of my favorite reads.

1. Mood:
Strangely enough, I feel alert and motivated to have a productive day. Very wierd for a Tuesday, lemme tell ya.

2. What do you do for a living?

Hah, I wouldn't call my income a "living" but I am currently a graduate student pursuing a PhD in Behavioral Neuroscience. Very exciting stuff, but it's been the the biggest challenge of my life.

3. Who’s in your posse?
I have always been the kind of person who only has a handful of friends, but they are all very very close to me. I wouldn't have it any other way.

4. What projects are you currently working on?
I am working on having more greenery at home. I just bought 2 birdfeeders, one for my balcony and one for my front entrance. Also bought a few plants, and plan to buy some more!

5. If one were to open your bedroom closet, what would they find?
Mostly casual outdoorsy clothing from REI and Eddie Bauer. I love the blend of form and function. I also have some nice hand me downs from my fashionable sister, and some Indian tops.

6. Where do you find inspiration?
From visually striking movies like Kill Bill, the Devil Wears Prada or Pride and Prejudice. I am also inspired by bloggers like you, and magazines like Martha Stewart Living and Real Simple. 

7. When you aren’t working, how do you like to unwind?
On any given Friday, I love to go to Borders after a nice dinner and close the store. I read everything from interior decoration magazines, to Carmindy's latest book on makeup. 

8. Where are you right now?
In my office. 

9. Outfit:
Dark 7 jeans, shirt from Eastern Mountain Sports, and ballet flats from Ann Taylor.

10. Your weekly goals: 
Get some blogging done, and learn some new Indian recipes.
Here are the questions if you'd like to do this poll on your own blog, or leave them in the comments below:

1. Mood:
2. What do you do for a living?
3. Who’s in your posse?
4. What projects are you currently working on?
5. If one were to open your bedroom closet, what would they find?
6. Where do you find inspiration?
7. When you aren’t working, how do you like to unwind?
8. Where are you right now?
9. Outfit:
10. Your weekly goals: 

blog comments powered by Disqus